Monday, May 23, 2016

Modeling

Was in Chicago this weekend for my 40th birthday, celebrating with my twin sister, the "real" artist in the family, and took some time on the plane to start getting familiar with Sketchup.  I made a few models, for future reference.  These aren't exact, but are a good template for when we have to start doing these en masse.

Here's a "cutaway" model showing the structure, rails, rail holders, and sheath:

And, for fun, I generated a rough sketch of what a pyramid with 8' sides will look like, next to a typical 5'10" Burner:

The scale is a bit disappointing, to be honest.  Even with 8' sides, at 8', the total height is still just 8'/sqrt(2) + 6" (for the offset of the corners from the ground), which is 6'1".  If we up the ante to a tetrahedron, it's a bit more formidable:

I don't have the time or patience at the moment to draw an icosahedron model.  But you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment